The Community Centre in Philleigh was opened in 2016, after a full (and impressive) renovation program.
- Full kitchen
- Disabled access
- Plenty of parking
The hall is perfect for:
- Children’s parties up to 45 guests
- AGM’s and other meetings, with seating for 60
- 45/50 people seated at tables
If you’re interested in booking the hall please call Shirley Pascoe on 01872 580 313 for prices and availability.
A Quick History of Philleigh Community Centre
- The building was built in 1859 as a village school.
- The land was given by Sir Charles Lemon (who owned a great deal of land in the parish at the time).
- The original school bell is still hanging above the building, but it’s not possible to ring it!
- Philleigh Village School was the first in the county to have it’s own bus service, bringing pupils from outlying farms and hamlets
- But it was also one of the first to be closed in Cornwall (now the parish’s children go to Gerrans, St Mawes or Tregony primary schools, and Roseland School at Tregony secondary school
- The original covenant for the gift from Sir Charles Lemon stated that the hall was ‘for the use of children and adults of labouring, manufacturing and other poor classes in the parish of Philleigh for no other purpose’. Thankfully the wording has now been weakened, so the hall can be used by everyone!
- From 2015 into 2016 the hall was completely renovated with the help of a grant from the National Lottery